The aim of the group this year is to protect and plant more trees and keep spreading
the word about their huge importance to our health and well-being,
especially in relation to all the planned building development.
Coventry City Council have an updated DRAFT Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) which will be subject to a period of public consultation for 6 weeks between Monday 6th January 2020 and Monday 17th November 2020.
• Trees and Development Guidelines for Coventry SPD December 2019 ( PDF – 2.9 MB)
Click here to download
• Report of Consultation Statement Sepember 2019 ( PDF – 90 KB))
Click here to download.
Below are recent and ongoing activities of the group
Click on the topic for more information
The group has the following objectives to raise the profile of
trees and hedgerows around Coventry and its environs:
• To provide a forum for tree and hedgerow related issues.
• To gather and disseminate information about trees and hedgerows to aid proper management and maintenance.
• To promote the benefits of trees and hedgerows by raising awareness and through education.
• To liaise with statutory bodies and other organisations to influence policy and decision making.
• To encourage, promote and support practical projects associated with trees, woods and hedgerows.
• To raise public awareness of the CTWN, its objectives and activities.